Our Music and Movement instructor training will give you all the skills you need to be able to offer amazing music and movement sessions for babies, children and their grown ups. On completion you will be qualified to offer sessions in many ways such classes parents, babies and pre schoolers and in nursery and Early Years settings.
What is Music and Movement?
Music and Movement is the art of combining vocal or instrumental sounds with physical movement.
Music can play a powerful role in this development from the very start. Music has been found to soothe premature babies (and also their parents) in hospital nurseries. It has also been shown that babies and young children will listen calmly to a lullaby for twice as long as baby talk or adult speech.
We also know that making music, especially if it includes tapping, clapping, bouncing, and dancing has real benefits for development. This sort of activity can really help to develop fine and large motor control. Even simple games, songs, and back-and-forth play build brain and body coordination as well as support bonding and attachment which are vital for development. In the course we use music to encourage movement and actions within our own and popular children songs.
Train as a Music and Movement instructor
Confidently teach music and movement classes with our Music and Movement instructor course either fully online with our distance learning option.
Music and Movement instructor training prices
Distance learning £395 BOOK HERE **
Our aim is to train you to be able to deliver a really flexible way of teaching Music and Movement sessions either face to face or virtually. Let us share with you our recommended structure for our Music and Movement babies class (0-18 months) and our toddler class (18 months to 5 years) as well as tips for teaching in a variety of settings including Music and Movement birthday parties and workshops.
We have trained people over 4000 infant massage, baby and toddler yoga and tummy time instructors and our Music and Movement instructor course is a great additional service to offer.
What age children are the sessions suitable for?
Our Music and Movement sessions are structured in 2 age ranges: babies (0 to18 months) and toddlers and pre-schoolers (18 months to 5 years) . Both age ranges are included in this one course.
Who can train as a Music and Movement instructor?
There are no pre requisites but the may be useful for the following professions: teachers, teaching assistants, yoga teachers, baby massage instructors, health professionals, early years workers, child care professionals and children’s centre staff.
What does the course cover?
- Principles, history and benefits of Music and Movement
- Preparing for Music and Movmenrt classes
- Safety aspects and explanations
- Equipment and ideas
- Child development in relation to Music and Movement
- Health considerations for Music and Movement
- 5 UNIQUE To Baby and Beyond songs written specifically for the course
- 4 Full class plans and ideas for the 2 ages ranges for 2 themes
- 4 Full class demonstration videos for 2 themes
- Full 12 month planner for ideas for your class
- Song ideas
- Music and movement sessions for a variety of groups including stand alone classes, Early years settings and birthday parties
- How to plan and run a Music and Movement session
- Easy planning of Music and Movement classes
- Tips for students wishing to start playing an instrument.
How is it taught?
This course is delivered over distance / online learning.
How does the Distance /online learning work?
This popular option is fully accredited. There are 14 specialist Music and Movment modules. Everything is on our online learning academy and can be accessed from your phone, tablet or computer. There are assessments after each module with question and answer papers, quizzes, videos and plans to submit as well as a video call session with your course tutor. Each module is likely to take around 1-2 hours. Our instructor training course is designed for individuals who want to learn in a flexible and fun way, from the comfort of their own home. This is a great fun and educational course, to be able to add to your current business and help it grow, or as the start of a new one. It also a great offering for nursery, childcare practitioners and schools to be able to really enhance the services they offer for children in their care or attending their settings.
Do I need to complete case studies with real parents and children?
Yes, as part of the training you will be required to run a 3 session Music and Movement baby course and a 3 session toddler course each with at least 4 parents and children.
What will I receive at the end of the course?
You will receive a Music and Movement Instructor Certificate and also our Qualified Music and Movement Instructor logo to offer confidence to parents and settings you work with.
This course is also externally CPD (Continuing Professional Development) accredited by the Complementary Therapists Association - CThA and Westminster Indemnity for insurance.
Do I need any equipment?
Not to start the training but you will need some basic children's instrument and sensory equipment for your classes we discuss this in detail on the course.
Music and Movement instructor training prices
Our online Music & Movement instructor course is priced just £395BOOK HERE **
What else is included?
- All tuition will be led by Libby Shone who is a Music and Movement instructor and therapist and runs very busy Music and Movement classes in South London. Julie Cleasby, who is the founder of To Baby and Beyond, registered paediatric nurse and health visitor and/or Jessica Barnaschone, Early Years Advisor at To Baby and Beyond and qualified primary teacher with a specialism in Early Years education.
- Access to bi-monthly webinars with Founder Julie Cleasby on a range of topics including massage and yoga updates and also business set up.
- You will receive downloadable handouts to support your learning.
- Many video demonstrations throughout the course
- Assessment fees.
- Ongoing support throughout your post-course self-directed study.
- An exclusive invite to our student and instructor 'Huddle' group just for To Baby and Beyond.
- Monthy email updates.
- Invite to our monthly virtual Live Student coaching session with Julie
- Invite to our monthly virtual live instructor Q and A sessions with Julie or one of the training team
- Invite to our monthly Get Confident challenges
- Exclusive offers and discounts on further instructor trainings, courses and events
- Access to further reduced cost study and CPD events.
I would love to speak to you. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss how I may be able to help. Please Contact Us.
Also in this section
- Infant massage training
- Baby yoga instructor training
- Combined bundles for instructor training
- Toddler and pre-school yoga training
- Baby and toddler reflexology training
- Music and movement instructor training
- Calmer Stories instructor training
- Tummy time instructor training
- CPD for baby massage, baby and toddler yoga instructors
- In house courses