Train as a baby yoga instructor
Learn how to teach baby yoga with our baby yoga instructor course across the UK and in your home. Our 'open' baby yoga instructor training courses are held in Bristol, Brighton, Birmingham, Doncaster, Lincoln, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Peterborough, Sheffield Scotland and Wales.
We have trained people over 1500 infant massage and baby yoga instructors who are out there teaching infant massage in many different settings such as private practice, children's and Flying Start centres, nurseries, paediatric wards, Portage services and additional needs schools, social services, cardiac units and special care baby units to name a few.
Teaching parents and carers how to practise yoga with their babies can be an incredibly rewarding experience and of great benefit for all parties.
What is baby yoga?
Baby yoga builds trust and helps develop movement as well as alleviating stress and ailments through simple and positive interaction.
Undertaking 10 minutes of baby yoga 2 or 3 times a week is all that’s needed to unite child and carer, which is why learning how to pass on baby yoga techniques as a baby yoga instructor is such a unique and wonderful thing to be able to do.
What’s the aim of this baby yoga teaching certificate?
To provide practitioners with the knowledge and teaching ability to safely and effectively deliver baby yoga sessions and courses in a variety of settings to various individuals and groups.
Who can learn how to teach baby yoga?
Before you start our baby yoga teacher training certificate you'll need to have qualifications or experience in one of the following:
- Baby massage (instructors)
- Anatomy and physiology (qualified practitioners, massage therapists, body workers)
- Yoga (teachers)
- Healthcare (nurses, health visitors and midwives)
Why should I learn how to teach baby yoga?
Once you’ve qualified as a baby yoga instructor you can expand your childcare skill set, start your own business or use your new found techniques alongside other disciplines, such as baby massage.
What's the outline of the course?
- Principles, history and benefits of baby yoga
- Preparing your baby yoga sessions
- Safety aspects of baby yoga
- Anatomy and physiology relating to baby yoga
- Health considerations for baby yoga classes
- Baby yoga postures
- Baby yoga sequences for common issues (colic, sleep, constipation etc.)
- Yoga to aid baby development
- Yoga breathing techniques for baby yoga classes
- Gentle stretches for parents
- Baby yoga in groups and with individuals
- Setting up and marketing your baby yoga business
- Running baby yoga courses
What will I receive at the end of the course?
You'll get a certificate in teaching baby yoga (with gentle stretches for parents).
Is the baby yoga teaching course accredited?
Our baby yoga instructor training face to face courses are highly accredited by the Complementary Therapists Association - CThA and the Royal College of Midwives - RCM. It has also recently be CPD accredited by the CPD Standards Office.
These baby yoga teacher training courses are also validated and accredited by the Independent Professional Therapists International - IPTI, the International Institute of Complementary Therapy - IICT, Care-Sure, Yoga-Link and Westminster Indemnity.
This means that you can join the CThA, IPTI or IICT Professional Register and gain insurance for your practice. Our distance learning course for yoga training is recognised by Westminster Indemnity.
What will I need?
Each participant must bring a doll (soft bodied), adult yoga mat, small blanket and cushion.
Can I train in toddler yoga as well?
Yes we also offer a toddler yoga instructor course. This can be taken separately or combined with any baby yoga course to for a further discount.
What else is included?
- All tuition is with Julie Cleasby who is an experienced baby yoga and infant massage instructor, registered paediatric nurse, health visitor and founder of To Baby and Beyond or one of her experienced team.
- 95 page baby yoga instructor handbook containing all course information
- Electronic resource folder containing course handouts and assessment sheets
- All practical assessments with parents and babies (volunteers permitting)
- Assessment fees
- Ongoing support throughout your post course self directed study
- Access to monthly webinars with Founder Julie Cleasby on a range of topics including massage and yogas updates and also business set up
- Access to instructors and fellow trainees via social media and online links
- To Baby and Beyond's academy of infant massage and yoga newsletter
- Opportunities for discounts on further courses
- Access to study days
Which course is right for me?
The following 4 choices allow you to learn how to teach baby yoga within a location, time frame and environment that works for you.
Royal College of Midwives
Independent Professional Therapists International
International Institute for Complementary Therapists
The course was great - I feel really excited!!!
The marketing session was really helpful, but also the class planning session was very valuable too
Thank you so much I feel i have learnt so much more than expected
Very informative and relaxed
Great course - thanks Julie!
These 1 day baby yoga instructor training courses involve a small group at a choice of UK venues including Brighton, Bristol, Birmingham, Doncaster, Newcastle, Leeds and London or your own home or workplace.
This intensive 1-day baby yoga teacher training course is just for individual learners and takes place in your own home or at our venue in Hove.
Home Distance Learning
Our distance learning baby yoga instructor training involves Email, Skype and video presentations which allow you to learn how to teach baby yoga in your own home and in your own time.