Our Calmer Stories instructor training will give you all the skills you need to be able to offer invaluable sessions to help children calm and relax. On completion you will be qualified to offer sessions in many ways such as as an additional course for parents and pre schoolers, in nursery and Early Years settings, to add in additional skills to your current classes, or to share simple but effective techniques in primary schools and home school groups.
What is Calmer Stories?
Calmer Stories is a concept which uses basic massage strokes, a small number of yoga-inspired mindful breathing techniques, mindful activities and mantra to help children's minds and bodies calm and relax. We gently weave these movements and techinques into stories, rhymes and play. Basic massage moves are carried out by parents or carers over the clothes with the children, or a child can massage another child over the clothes in a safe and consensual way. Calmer Stories are great for home, foster and adoptive parents, pre-school, primary school and additional needs settings.
I loved this training and didn't want it to end - Alice, March 2022
Train as a Calmer Stories instructor
Confidently teach Calmer Stories with our NEW Calmer Stories instructor course either fully online with our distance learning option or across the UK as an in-house course for your group.
Calmer Stories instructor training prices
Distance learning option £149pp.
Please contact us for in house face to face options
In-house face to face or virtual face to face courses from £80pp (dependant on numbers)
We also offer a range of other learning options such as in-house instructor courses for children's centres, charities, schools with distance learning as well as options to suit your specific needs.
Our aim is to train you to be able to deliver a really flexible way of teaching Calmer Stories sessions either face to face or virtually. Let us share with you our recommended structure and tips for teaching in a variety of settings as well as our stand alone Calmer Stories workshops. We also offer a bonus module on running sessions successfully over online platforms such as Zoom.
Thank you. I enjoyed every second and feel able to bring calming techniques to may situations. Julie has been really supportive and provided myself with a lot of advice - Laura, March 2022
We really want you to be able to Calmer Stories in the way you can share these simple but effective techniques with children and their families to support Calmer families all round.
We have trained people almost 3000 infant massage, baby and toddler yoga and tummy time instructors and our Calmer Stories instructor course is a great additional service to offer.
What is the aim of the Calmer Stories instructor course?
The Calmer Stories instructor training course is designed to enable practitioners to share simple and effective over-clothes massage, mindful breathing, mindful activities and mantra with families and children. It gives instructors a way of offering families and children a way to feel and become calmer. In a world where touch is often deemed as unsafe - in part due to the the global pandemic - there has never been a more relevant time where children need the opportunity to reduce anxiety and realise how positive touch can be safe.
What age children are the sessions suitable for?
Calmer Stories can be used from infants and on into the primary years (usually 2-11 years).
Who can train as a Calmer Stories instructor?
You will need to be experienced in just one of the following:
- Qualified childcare practitioner such as a nursery nurse (level 3)
- Infant massage instructor*
- Baby yoga instructor*
- Health care worker (nurses, health visitors and midwives)
- Anatomy and physiology qualified practitioners (such as massage therapists, holistic therapists etc)
- Qualified teaching assistant*
- Yoga instructor*
- Children's yoga teacher (incl. toddler)*
- Social workers and support workers.
*All of these must have had extensive practical assessments. Please contact us before booking if you are unsure.
The course assumes that participants will have previous knowledge in child development and teaching groups.
What does the course cover?
- Principles, history and benefits of Calmer Stories
- Preparing for Calmer Stories classes
- Safety aspects and explanations
- Safeguarding considerations and permission
- Child development in relation to Calmer Stories
- Health considerations for Calmer Stories classes
- Calmer Stories techniques and movements
- Calmer mindful breathing techniques to support connection
- Calmer mantra
- Calmer mindful activities for children
- Calmer Stories sessions for a variety of groups including stand alone classes, Early years settings, school settings and using
- Calmer Stories to enhance your current classes
- How to plan and run a Calmer Stories session
- Easy planning of Calmer Stories
How is it taught?
This course can be delivered face to face for you team or over distance learning.
How does the Distance /online learning work?
This popular option is fully accredited. There are 10 specialist Calmer Stories modules. Everything is on our online learning academy and can be accessed from your phone, tablet or computer. There are assessments after each module with question and answer papers, quizzes, videos and plans to submit as well as an optional video call session with you course tutor. Each module is likely to take around 1-2 hours. Our instructor training course is designed for individuals who want to learn in a flexible and fun way, from the comfort of their own home. This is a great fun and educational course, to be able to add to your current business and help it grow, or as the start of a new one. It also a great offering for nursery, childcare practitioners and schools to be able to really enhance the services they offer for children in their care or attending their settings.
Honestly one of the best courses I've been on so far. I really enjoyed it and have learnt so much. I will use this knowledge and implement it professionally and personally - Zahirah, March 2022
Do you offer In-house face to face in your venue or virtual face to face?
We would love to train your team. Our course runs over one super practical face to face day or over 2 virtual Zoom sessions. Please let us know if you would like us to train your group. We also offer discounts for booking 3 or more people onto the distance learning course option. Gain Calmer Stories accreditation for your setting by training every practitioner so that Calmer Stories can be created for all children in your care.
Do I need to complete case studies with real parents and children?
No, not on our Calmer Stories instructor course as this is usually for qualified childcarers, infant massage and baby yoga instructors, teachers, teaching assessments and assumes experience of delivering sessions to groups.
What will I receive at the end of the course?
You will receive a Calmer Stories Instructor Certificate and also our Qualified Calmer Stories Instructor logo to offer confidence to parents and settings you work with.
Please note this is not a 'hands on' qualification and will qualify you to teach parents and children and children.
This course is also externally CPD (Continuing Professional Development) accredited by the Complementary Therapists Association - CThA, IICT and this is stated on your qualification certificate upon completion. We recommend Westminster Indemnity for insurance.
Do I need any equipment?
Absolutely nothing; just the willingness to have fun and share these amazing skills.
What else is included?
- All tuition will be led by Julie Cleasby, who is the founder of To Baby and Beyond, registered paediatric nurse and health visitor and/or Jessica Barnaschone, Early Years Advisor at To Baby and Beyond and qualified primary teacher with a specialism in Early Years education.
- Access to bi-monthly webinars with Founder Julie Cleasby on a range of topics including massage and yoga updates and also business set up.
- You will receive downloadable handouts to support your learning.
- Many video demonstrations throughout the course
- Assessment fees.
- Ongoing support throughout your post-course self-directed study.
- An exclusive invite to our student and instructor 'Huddle' group just for To Baby and Beyond.
- Monthy email updates.
- Invite to our monthly virtual Live Student coaching session with Julie
- Invite to our monthly virtual live instructor Q and A sessions with Julie or one of the training team
- Invite to our monthly Get Confident challenges
- Exclusive offers and discounts on further instructor trainings, courses and events
- Access to further reduced cost study and CPD events.
- Option for Nurseries, Childcare groups and schools to obtain the To Baby and Beyond "Calmer Stories Accreditation". This is a great way for for ensure Calmer Stories is practiced confidently and safely in your setting.
Please click here to START TRAINING AS A CALMER STORIES INSTRUCTOR
I would love to speak to you. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss how I may be able to help. Please Contact Us.
Also in this section
- Infant massage training
- Baby yoga instructor training
- Combined bundles for instructor training
- Toddler and pre-school yoga training
- Baby and toddler reflexology training
- Music and movement instructor training
- Calmer Stories instructor training
- Tummy time instructor training
- CPD for baby massage, baby and toddler yoga instructors
- In house courses