Cancellation of courses
If you have booked a course but need to cancel, we ask for at least 28 days notice so that we can arrange for another participant to have the space. If notice is given within less than 28 days, we will do our best to fill your space. If we are able to fill your space we can transfer you to the next available date, but please note we cannot guarentee this will happen. Course bookings are not transferable in any other situation.
The following apply to all courses please see specific headings below for specific courses additional terms and conditions:
1. If you fail for whatever reason to participate in or complete your course(s), you must still pay to To Baby and Beyond the full fee for your course(s). There shall be no refund or discount of fees following the start of the course. Because of the way our courses are structured, once your booking is confirmed we are unable to transfer you to another course, or to offer any refunds. As you can appreciate, this could result in our running a course with insufficient numbers. The only exception to this is in cases of severe illness of a participant. In these cases a financial reduction will be made for the next available course going on a prorate basis of lessons already taken.
2. Courses occasionally have to be cancelled because we’ve had too few bookings. We do all that we can to avoid this, but it’s not possible to run a course if only a few people have applied. If the number of bookings is too low, we’ll wait for some time after the usual closing date before cancelling the course, in case people book late. This will mean that confirmation emails won't be sent out a month before the course. You will, of course, be informed as soon as possible if the course is cancelled. A rescheduled date will be offered. If you notify To Baby and Beyond within seven days of being advised of a re-scheduled date that such date is unacceptable and if no other date can be agreed, then you will be entitled to a refund of the course fees paid but not otherwise.
3. To Baby and Beyond cannot be held responsible for travel or accommodation costs paid before a course has been confirmed, so please do not pay for travel arrangements before you have received your confirmation email (or alternatively, ring the To Baby and Beyond office on 01273 702496 to confirm that a course is going ahead). Please note that the confirmation email saying that the course is going ahead is not the same email which you will receive acknowledging your booking.
4. Course fees include tuition, course materials (handbook and/or resource files) and certification fees, where applicable. Liquid refreshments at break times are also included. All other costs such as travel and accommodation where needed etc are payable by the student.
5. The course materials that To Baby and Beyond provide to you shall become your property when paid for in full. The content of the course materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of To Baby and Beyond. You may not reproduce any part of the course materials without the prior written consent of To Baby and Beyond.
6. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. To Baby and Beyond are happy to offer advice but accept no liability in the event that the content of the course does not meet individual requirements.
7. To Baby and Beyond reserve the right to alter the advertised course venue and trainers.
8. To Baby and Beyond reserve the right to decline applications.
9. All students are required to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, student conduct and any other regulations as set out by To Baby and Beyond.
10. The course content has been carefully researched and is believed by To Baby and Beyond to be up-to-date
First Aid, Baby Massage (parents), Baby Sleep Courses
11. The total cost must be paid in advance, full payment which is non-refundable, is required along with the completed booking form. (As course places are limited and cannot always be guaranteed, it is recommended that you telephone To Baby and Beyond to determine course vacancies before applying in order to avoid disappointment.)
11.1 In the event of a participant being unable to attend a course or complete a course no refunds will be available. Please see cancellation policy above
11.2 At Home courses for baby and child first aid and baby massage
11.3 In order to reserve a date for a course a deposit of £100 is required, which is non-refundable, along with the completed booking form. The full payment must then be made 2 weeks prior to the start date.
11.4** If booking within 2 weeks of course date full payment must be made at time of booking.
11.5 It is the responsibility of the lead person to obtain payment form the groups members.
11.6 We take payment prior to the session date either card over the phone or internet banking.
11.7 Additional costs: the only additional costs we apply are any parking fees for parking at your home or venue if applicable. These can be paid on the day on the course. All other travel expenses are included unless stated otherwise.
11.8 If the course is being run in your home/ venue you are responsible for ensuring the venue is safe and suitable for the participants to attend. We require space for people to sit and equivalent floor space for 2 people to lie down.
Sale and offer prices
11.9 To Baby and Beyond Limited may occasionally offer sale or discounted prices or promotion codes via website, email news letter and social media.
11.10 All courses and services that have been discounted have been offered at full price for 30 days or more prior to the discounted sale.
11.11 Sale / offer prices are only applicable for courses booked and paid for during the offer/ sale period. Courses booked but not paid for within the sale time will revert to full price.
11.12 Courses or services booked 7 days prior to the sale or offer period starting can be discounted to the sale price on request. Courses or services booked prior to this remain at the price advertised at that time.
Instructor courses in Baby Massage and Baby yoga
12. The total cost of the course is as set out on the website at the time of booking.
In order to apply for a course, a deposit of £100 which is non- refundable, is required along with the completed booking form. (As course places are limited and cannot always be guaranteed, it is recommended that you telephone To Baby and Beyond to determine course vacancies before applying in order to avoid disappointment.)
12.1 If the course if fully booked we will of course offer you your deposit back. For distance learning courses please specify of you wish to pay in one installment or 3. Full Payment must be made one month prior to course starting. Certificates will not be issued until full payment has been received.
An invoice will email emailed to you. Payment can be made by:
- Internet banking
- Card over the phone
- Paypal (Deposit only)
12.2 If you have to cancel your booking for any reason, please let us know ASAP. If you cancel 28 days or more before the course, we'll refund your fee minus a £10 administration charge. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than one calendar month before a course. There are no exceptions to this.
12.3 If following the booking of your course(s) you wish to transfer courses, you may do so subject to the following conditions:
- Your installment payments are fully paid up to date and there are no other overdue monies owing to To Baby and Beyond
- You pay an additional fee of £50 per transfer
- You pay the difference between your original course(s) fee(s) and your new course(s) fee(s)
- Your request to transfer courses must be received by To Baby and Beyond not less than 28 days prior to commencement of the training you were originally booked into.
12.4 Amounts remitted for enrolment applications are non-refundable. Course fees received are transferable, to alternate trainings for a transfer fee of £50. This must be paid not less than 28 days prior to the course(s) taking place.
12.5 Enrolment does not guarantee certification. All students must meet required pass mark levels to obtain their qualification. Students are permitted to submit each assessment once only. If resubmissions are needed to pass, additional fees will apply to compensate the trainer for any additional marking time involved i.e. additional tutoring and support £45 per hour.
12.6 As part of the assessment process students are required to undertake case studies with parents and babies following the course. It is the responsibility of the student to recruit volunteers for the case studies. To Baby and Beyond will offer guidance only on how this can be achieved.
12.6aDistance learning training refund policy:
In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order prior to the Course Materials being received. You can also cancel within a 14 day cooling-off period from when you receive the Course Materials as long as they have not been accessed by yourselves. All cancellation requests must be made in writing.
If you decide to cancel a Course within the 14 day cooling-off period, we will process the refund as soon as possible once materials have been returned and, in any case, within 14 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund all the course fees that have been paid. It is your responsibility for the cost of returning all course materials and they must be returned in a resalable condition otherwise a restocking / printing fee will be charged.
Please Note: Refunds or Cancellations cannot be offered outside of the stated refund policy. There are no exceptions to the above returns policy once the period has lapsed.
Exceptions to the Cancellation/Returns Policy:
As per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, some items fall outside of the usual returns policy and refunds cannot be offered for some digital / downloaded items or for examination vouchers. Were refunds are not possible we will state this in the course start-up literature or on the product page of our website.
Some online materials will be subject to the usual 14 day cooling off period although you waive the right to cancel your course enrolment when over 25% of the course content has been accessed or downloaded, specifically Printer Friendly Lesson Notes.
Please Note: Specific terms and conditions will be supplied with each Course Materials to make the returns/cancellation policy clear.
Please ensure you meet the pre-requisites for the course – if you have any questions about this please contact 01273 702496
12.8 Students will be required to provide and bring with them to the course the following items:
- Soft bodied doll (approx 22 inches)
- Hand towel
- Small baby sized blanket
- Cushion to sit on
Delivery of vouchers and shop items
13. Standard delivery takes up to 5-8 working days for your order to be delivered. subject to the item being in stock.
13.1 We cannot specify an exact time of day for your delivery and cannot be held responsible for third party delays in transit. Some of our items are dispatched directly from the manufacturers so if you order two or more items, each item may be delivered separately.
13.2 We will advise you of the dispatch time and method once your order is on its way to you. Please make sure you are available to take delivery of your order as redeliveries may incur extra charge.
13.3 Most small standard delivery orders are sent by 2nd Class post although a few heavy or bulky items (over 2kg) are sent by courier. We reserve the right to send your order out by the best service possible. If you are unavailable to accept delivery of your order then a card will be left for you by your local Royal Mail sorting office or courier depot and you will need to collect your order or call and rearrange your delivery. Please collect your item or call promptly to rearrange delivery as items will only be held for a short time before being returned to us and you may incur a second postage charge if we need to resend your order.
14. Availability of Experiences
All experiences are offered subject to availability. Experience Voucher holders must follow the detailed booking and redemption instructions issued by To Baby and Beyond Limited with each voucher. Advanced booking is usually required.
14.1 Locations and Experiences
All locations and experiences offered are correct at the time of voucher purchase but may occasionally change or be withdrawn for reasons beyond our control. It is your responsibility to follow the detailed instructions included on the voucher.
14.2 Experience descriptions
The stated description of the experience is a guide only and may differ slightly from venue to venue. All photographs and descriptions used in To Baby and Beyond Limited promotional material are only intended to give a general idea of each experience. Our network of suppliers is amongst the best in the UK but occasionally we may need to withdraw a featured venue.
Baby Experiences will not be liable in the event of the gift or experience voucher(s) being lost, damaged or stolen. The voucher is invalid if altered or tampered with.
14.4 Original vouchers must be returned to To Baby and Beyond Limited before any exchanges, refunds or extensions can be made. Any Experience Voucher can be exchanged once only, before the expiry date, for a different experience or into a different name, for an administration fee of £5 and upon payment of any difference in the case of a higher cost experience. For lower cost experiences the balance will be held on your account by Baby Experiences for one year. Exchanged vouchers cannot be refunded. The voucher sent to you will clearly show the validity date.
14.5 All one-off experiences are valid for one year from date of issue but may be extended subject to the discretion of the management of To Baby and Beyond Limited.
14.6 We are happy to make refunds on unbooked experiences provided that you return the voucher unused within 7 working days beginning the day after the day on which the voucher was received. No refunds can be given on expired or extended experience vouchers. Refunds can only be made to the person who originally purchased the voucher and if payment was originally made by debit or credit card the refund will be processed back to the same card. No refunds can be given once an experience booking has been made.
14.7 We are happy to offer refund on items bought in our shop area if they are either faulty or you feel they are not suitable for your requirements. Faulty items once returned and inspected a full refund will be offered if applicable. For items which you feel are the wrong size for you or the wrong colour a refund will be available minus your return postage costs once the item has been returned and inspected within 14 days of notification (notification must be within 14 days of purchase).