Our baby yoga courses combine traditional Hatha yoga techniques with dynamic and rhythmic movements which are perfect for nurturing and developing your baby’s ever-changing body.
Yoga gives your baby the chance to explore movement in many dimensions, including: facing forwards, backwards, upwards and downwards, all within a completely safe environment.
Alongside movement, our baby yoga courses include: singing, sensory activities, calm breathing techniques, relaxation and plenty of interactive fun for parent and child.
Our baby yoga classes currently run in Angmering near Rustington, East Preston and Littlehampton and in home/ house session in Brighton, Hove and Worthing areas. They are always great fun and as we focus upon your baby's movement through gentle stretches you'll be able to aid your baby’s development in no time at all.
What are the benefits of baby yoga?
There are numerous reasons that both babies and parents love our baby yoga sessions, with just a taste of what you can hope to achieve provided below:
- maintaining flexibility in the spine and joints
- strengthening and improving muscle tone
- boosting the immune system
- regulating the digestive system
- stimulating the senses
- relaxing and calming
- aiding sleep
- supporting development
- using positive touch with your baby
- playing/bonding/relaxing with your baby
- learning about your baby
- spending special time with your baby
- healing after a difficult or traumatic birth
- gaining confidence in handling your baby
- dealing with post-natal depression
- learn deep breathing and relaxation techniques
- improving muscle tone and strength after pregnancy
- empowering yourself through parenting
Note: Anyone can join our mother and baby yoga sessions as no previous experience is necessary however, we do advise that both mother and baby have had their 6-8 week GP check-up. And it’s also advisable that mothers do not consider yoga in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy unless previously practicing.
Our baby yoga classes are available within the warmth of our baby-friendly venues in Angmering or they can also be run ‘at home’ with sessions available during the day, in the evening or at weekends.
What next? Further info, dates and bookings »