Published: Wednesday 15 May 2019
We’ve looked at the overall benefits of baby yoga, as well as those specific to the child. Here we identify some of the main benefits for parents or carers.
If you’re already teaching baby yoga you may have other benefits you’d like to add to this list. Just pop over to our Facebook page and let us know!
Thinking of learning to teach baby yoga? We’ve got the course for you, whether you join us on one of our open courses, or you want to learn at home. Take a look at the course details and learning options available.
Here are just some of the amazing reasons baby yoga is a great skill to share:
- Baby yoga is an excellent way of connecting with your baby
- It gives parents practical tools for common ailments
- It can alleviate the effects of postnatal depression
- Baby yoga helps parents to have a more positive interaction with their baby
- It promotes positive baby handling
- Baby yoga enhances a parent's confidence and competence in dealing with baby
- It helps parents communicate with their baby
- It helps parents understand their baby’s cues
- Baby yoga teaches positive loving touch and gentle movements
- It helps parents become aware of their baby’s body
- It promotes relaxation
- Baby yoga promotes a nurturing instinct (through stimulation of the hormone oxytocin)
- It improves quality of sleep
- It builds a lifelong pattern for exercise
- Baby yoga offers opportunity for socialization in groups
- Baby yoga helps parents become aware of their developing baby
- And it encourages mindfulness
The benefits to parents and carers, as you can see, are fantastic and numerous! Why not share the joy of baby yoga by learning to teach it to families? Our course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you’ll need to teach your own classes.
Search archive by keyword...
- sleep support
- Paediatric First Aid
- accident prevention
- first aid
- baby first aid
- paediatric first aid
- baby massage
- toddler yoga
- baby yoga
- infant massage
- Student Spotlight
- travel advice
- distance learning
- child safety