Published: Thursday 05 November 2020
This question was asked at our October live Q&A session for To Baby and Beyond students past and present. Other questions that were asked are listed below.
Several people had run baby massage classes specifically for dads, with great success. Many found that participation levels were high, with dads particularly enjoying learning about calming techniques.
For babies, massage by daddy can be an enhanced experience due to hands often being heavier and bigger than mummy’s.
One instructor found running one-off ‘masterclasses’ for dads worked well, but thought should be given to the date and time (without wanting to make sweeping generalisations, days of large sporting events should be avoided). Similarly, the venue can make a difference, especially if it’s possible for mummies to be elsewhere within the same venue at the same time, possibly doing something enjoyable for them too!
Other questions asked at our October Q&A session include:
- How are classes going for everyone in this time of Covid, including running classes by Zoom etc?
- Do people provide handouts for parents in baby massage classes?
- Why is it not appropriate to massage baby after they’ve been immunised?
- What length of baby massage course do parents [and instructors] find to be the most appealing and effective? Do pay as you go classes work for people?
- At what age can you start baby massage or baby yoga classes?
- Is there any training for those looking to teach baby massage for twins and multiple babies?
Check out the links above for the answers. If you’re a past or current student of To Baby and Beyond look out for next month’s live Q&A session!
If you'd like to learn to teach baby massage, we offer face-to-face courses and an online distance learning option. Check out the full details here.
Search archive by keyword...
- Black Friday
- Nov 2020 Q&A
- Oct 2020 Q&A
- Student Spotlight
- baby massage
- Bonfire Night
- infant massage
- first aid
- sleep tip
- tummy time
- toddler yoga
- accident prevention
- baby yoga
- sleep support
- distance learning
- Paediatric First Aid
- baby first aid
- paediatric first aid
- travel advice
- child safety