Published: Wednesday 24 May 2017
We've recently looked at the importance of breath work in baby yoga, and we cover it on our baby yoga instructor course and toddler yoga teacher course. Over the next few weeks we'll focus on a number of different techniques you might like to use in your baby or toddler yoga classes.
Equal Breathing - Sama Vritti Pranayama
- Close your eyes and begin to notice your natural breath, not changing anything at first.
- Begin a slow count to four as you inhale.
- Then also count to four as you exhale.
- The exercise is to match the length of your inhale and exhale.
- You could increase the numbers but keep them equal.
This is really useful for calming and focusing the mind.
Check back over the coming weeks for more techniques, or enrol on our Certificate in Teaching Baby Yoga or Certificate in Teaching Toddler Yoga courses, taking place throughout the UK in locations such as London, Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol, Newcastle, Glasgow and Doncaster.
Search archive by keyword...
- sleep support
- Student Spotlight
- toddler yoga
- baby massage
- accident prevention
- baby yoga
- child safety
- first aid
- paediatric first aid
- baby first aid
- Paediatric First Aid