Published: Wednesday 20 July 2022
We've recently looked at the importance of breath work in baby yoga, and we cover it on our baby yoga instructor course and toddler yoga teacher course. Here's a breathing technique you might like to try, whether with babies, children or by yourself!
Equal Breathing - Sama Vritti Pranayama
- Close your eyes and begin to notice your natural breath, not changing anything at first.
- Begin a slow count to four as you inhale.
- Then also count to four as you exhale.
- The exercise is to match the length of your inhale and exhale.
- You could increase the numbers but keep them equal.
This is really useful for calming and focusing the mind.
Take a look at the other breathing techniques on our blog. You can enrol on our Certificate in Teaching Baby Yoga or Certificate in Teaching Toddler Yoga courses online, and learn from home. Our courses are accredited, comprehensive and rewarding.